Thursday, September 8, 2011

Ain't it Funny

What am I listening to: The Ghost of You (MCR)
What am I craving: nothing, I'm good
Where am I: in my room, sitting on a pillow pet
What time is it: 9:39 PM

Summer's been over for about a month now. High school has had a fun start. I met a lot of new people, and still cry over my old ones, whom I probably won't see for a while. I have some good classes, some awesome teachers, tons of homework, and a little more life knowledge.
I really don't know why, but I signed up for my school's color guard team and so far it's been pretty fun. Everybody is really nice and funny and I don't feel as much of a newbie at my new school. Even better, next year our school band is going to be performing in the 2012 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York! Look for me on TV!
Another pretty cool thing happening in high school is that, I've only made friends with a handful of freshman. The majority of my friends are Sophomores and Seniors. And none of them treat me like 'pesky freshman'....apparently I'm an awesome freshman. Actually that's pretty awesome. I should buy myself a cookie.
While my school life is going swimmingly, my after life is alright. My friend and I wrote a story/book/thing and I hope we can clean it up and publish it. That would be truly fantastic.

Today was PJ day. I wore sweat pants with the Dots candy all over them, my sisters slippers, my jacket,(since my school takes interest in Antarctica's temperature) and a t-shirt I got at Nashville Anime Day 2011. The shirt is white and looks like a political campaign. In big blue words it reads PALIN and under that, in blue letters, says VOLDEMORT. Yes, the guy from Harry Potter. (by the way the last movie was awesome!) If you don't find that funny, then no cupcake for you. Maybe it's just something you half to see. Whatever.

I watched a movie the other day with my mom called Queen to Play. It's a French movie and had English subtitles, but honestly I didn't care. The movie was about a woman, married with a teen daughter, that goes through her daily rut of two cleaning jobs. One at a small hotel and one at a wealthy, old doctors house. While at her hotel job, she see's two guests playing chess. The woman doesn't know how to play chess, but she finds it very interesting. Later she finds out that the old doctor guy knows how to play chess, and she begs him to teach her how to play. Her daily rut breaks as she finds inner peace and something more, playing chess. To her, chess is a revolution that wakes her sleepy brain into real life. In a way, playing chess opens her eyes to the rest of the world. But when you break a daily lifestyle for something daring, relationships become confusing. The woman's friends question her acts and her husband wonders if she is cheating on him. The movie altogether was a masterpiece and I recommend it to anybody who cares.
In one part of the movie, the doctor is telling the woman something about taking risks. This quote has rocketed to a top spot on my list of favorite quotes:
If you take a risk, you might lose. If you don't take a risk, you'll always lose.

So...I just got the lights turned off on me...so I think that means I have to go to sleep...

until next time,

~phia

No comments:

Post a Comment